Friday, May 14, 2010

Africana


So while i was listening to some songs to post on my last post, i kept bumping into some really awesome african music. To be honest growing up i HATED african music (I'm Kenyan)...and couldn't stand it but now that i'm semi-mature and semi-wiser i've come to not only appreciate it but love it. Well almost all of it...lol
But a new generation of African Artists have emerged that have made renew my interest in my country. The whole point of this blog is to give a forum to otherwise unheard or underrepresented music. I want to educate as well as entertain. 

Songs to Download:

Nneka (Nigerian)-Heartbeat
(Actually download her entire CD it's that awesome!)

Wale (Nigerian Rapper)-My Sweetie & 90210

Joy Denalane(half South African)-Heaven & Hell, &Change

Ayo(half Nigerian)-Down on My Knees & What is Love

Amadou & Mariam (Mali)-Sabali (Kanye West featured them on his blog)

K'naan (Somalian Rapper)- T.I.A, Wavin' Flag,Dreamer & ABC's

There's sooo much more but I Hope You Enjoy...




This is not the original video...this one was made for coca-cola for the world cup.


Next Post On: Electronica

1 comment:

  1. ah i LOVE african music. i went to african dance classes- and loved it. thanks for these tips will check them all out. hope youre having a wonderful weekend.
    xx ediot

    ReplyDelete